Potential delivery delays
Dear Valued Customer,
Cardinal Health and FedEx are committed to supporting the needs of Cardinal Health customers, as demonstrated through our history of service.
Please be aware that delivery delays are occurring industrywide due to unprecedented levels of ecommerce activity, and we expect this to continue. We are currently seeing 1-2-day delays, on average, in delivery. Please know that we are working diligently to get product to you.
What we know:
- Certain markets, including Detroit, Baltimore and the state of California, Oregon, and Washington, are experiencing longer delays. Based on current pressures in these markets, we do not expect delivery performance to recover until the end of January, at the earliest.
- Wildfires in the western United States, including northern and southern California, have created additional issues for all parcel providers to meet on-time commitments as carriers are trying to navigate road closures and manage through package volumes that are now undeliverable.
- COVID-19, potential for additional government stimulus payments, Amazon Prime Day in October and the upcoming holiday season are expected to create additional challenges for the parcel networks across the country, as consumers increase online purchases for home delivery.
What Cardinal Health and FedEx are doing:
- Working together to balance and shift volumes between FedEx locations to reduce transit time.
- Monitoring daily shipments and providing interventions as needed.
- Prioritizing healthcare shipments.
- When possible, proactively reaching out to customers to alert them of possible delays.
- FedEx is actively adding drivers, trucks, staff, and additional warehouse capacity to help manage the surge in volume.
You have our commitment to do all we can to help our global healthcare supply chain continue to operate as safely and effectively as possible. We will continue to closely monitor these delays and will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Thank you for your understanding and continued partnership.
Last updated: 9/24/2020