Edgepark accepts most major insurance plans.
Medicare assignment plus more than 1,200 health insurance plans nationwide
Edgepark works extensively with Medicare and contracts with major insurance plans including:
- Anthem BCBS
- BlueCross BlueShield
- CIGNA Healthcare
- …and many more
With Edgepark, you’ll have no insurance paperwork when you order. Once we have your signed authorization, we’ll handle all of your billing paperwork.
If you have Medicare, Edgepark honors Medicare assignment on most items. This means that Edgepark accepts Medicare’s allowed price for your supplies instead of our retail price. Medicare’s allowable for each item is much lower than the retail price listed in the Edgepark catalog/Web site. This means that you may have no upfront costs and you will not have to wait for reimbursement. You only would be responsible for your copayments and deductibles, if applicable. If you have a supplemental policy, your out-of-pocket expense may be nothing!
With private insurance, your out-of-pocket costs will vary based on your coverage. The prices for items paid by insurance companies vary, but are much lower than the retail prices listed in our catalog/Web site. And again, if you have secondary insurance, or your primary insurance covers 100% of your costs, your out-of-pocket costs may be nothing!
In addition, we offer a 20% discount on most supplies not covered by your health insurance or Medicare.
How do you calculate copay?
Your copay depends on your insurance coverage. The following are examples of how a copay is calculated. Please note that deductibles may apply.
- An item has a retail price of $151.32, but the Medicare allowable price is $82.50 (allowable prices vary by state).
- Medicare will pay 80% of the $82.50 allowable price, which is $66.
- That means that your copay will be 20% of $82.50, of $16.50.
- If you have a supplemental policy, you may have no out-of-pocket costs.
If you are insured through a private insurance plan on our list, your insurance plan may cover the entire cost of your medical supply order, and you will not have a copay. Because Edgepark is an in-network provider for most insurance plans nationally, you have low out-of-pocket expenses for most supplies. Here is an example of a copay, for an insurance plan that covers 90% of the cost:
- The retail price is $58.95, but your insurance plan has a contracted price for that item of $38.
- The plan will cover 90% of $38, or $34.20.
- Your copay will be the other 10%, or $3.80.
- If you have a secondary insurance plan, you may have no out-of-pocket costs.