Features of Ostomy Bag
|return to ostomy care page|
Edgepark provides you with the guidance you need to order your ostomy bag products.
If you’ve just recently started to buy ostomy pouches and supplies, some of the terms used may be confusing. That’s why Edgepark does more than just offer top quality supplies and products. We also provide the guidance that you need to select exactly the right options.
Discover more about colostomy bag features so that you can select the best option for you:
- clear versus opaque colostomy bag choices: select clear pouches for post-operative situations where output and stoma need observing or when learning appliance use. Opaque pouches are more discreet and hide pouch contents. Many people prefer opaque pouches, especially after becoming accustomed to their stoma.
- convexity: shaped specifically for a flush or retracted stoma
- pre-cut: this pouch or wafer already has an opening cut to a specific size, so no cuts or adjustments need to be made. Choose the pouch or wafer with an opening that accommodates your stoma size.
- adhesive coupling: two-piece system using adhesives rather than plastic rings to provide flexibility
- filter: releases gas build-up (flatus) through charcoal layers, helping disguise odors
Select the ostomy experts, Edgepark, for your ostomy products and ostomy supplies. We offer fast, reliable shipping and extraordinary customer service.
For more information about ileostomy, urostomy, colostomy, and ostomy supplies see:
- Overview Ostomy Care
- Ileostomy, urostomy and colostomy FAQs
- Ostomy bag and pouch options
- Ostomy supplies
Consult your physician before making any changes in your colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy or ostomy care.
about us | service spotlight | en español